Monday, August 18, 2008

Michael Phelps' magic touch

I was engrossed in the Michael Phelps phenomena four years ago when I was watching from my dorm room in Taylor Hall (Eastern Illinois University). I am engrossed in Michael Phelps phenomena now that he has won his 8th gold medal in a single Olympics to overtake Mark Spitz' previous record.

How can a girl help herself?

I missed the final relay by about 30 minutes and am being forced to find the coverage online to watch it after the fact. At least I get to see it right? I did see the 100 m butterfly, which Phelps won to tie Spitz and which nearly gave me a heart attack.


There he is, on the right. Cavic (whom I'm willing to bet feels terrible about this shot) is in the foreground.

Anyway, congratulations to that guy. I can't go into too much detail - I think David gets jealous that I like him so much.

It's not that I think he's all that cute... although he does have this going for him:


He just amazes me. I'm not in love, I'm infatuated. Give me a break! (Sigh... four more years until I get to watch that again.)

No comments: