Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Halloween approaches...

... as does Homecoming and Fright Fest and a visit to Cincinnati - October is a busy month!

It's already been pretty eventful. Brian came out on Oct. 2 and we watched Final Destinations I, II and III as well as Halloween I, II, III and IV, and caught the second to last regular season Cards game on Saturday. We never made it to R Acres of Terror because of a flat tire, but it's always a good weekend when Brian comes in.

Last weekend the Cards lost their third game in the National League Division series, effectively ending their season, while I was with Amy and one of her friends at the Fox for "Phantom of the Opera." It was my first "Phantom" experience as well as my first at the Fox, and I'd love to go back. That place is incredibly beautiful. The show was good too, as was the Boathouse in Forest Park, where Amy took us to eat beforehand. Sunday, after little Brianne's 2nd birthday party, David and I got some shopping done and while he and his friends held a hardcore basketball league draft, I decorated the main floor of my house. There is still much to do...


Tonight and tomorrow night, I'm going for light runs on the treadmill in prep for this weekend. I'll go to bed early Friday, drive into Charleston around 8 a.m. Saturday and run in my very first race. It won't really be much of a race for me - just a self-motivation fun sort of thing. There are people walking the route, so hopefully I shouldn't come in last - but if I did for some reason, it wouldn't be a big deal because it's finishing the race that means I've accomplished more than everyone who isn't participating ;) Chili bash at Top of the Roc will follow a day of catching up with old friends, and that makes for a pretty nice weekend. Sunday, I can relax and maybe get some more decorating done.

The following weekend, we have plans to go to Fright Fest with Rachelowe, but our Oct. 31 party will be here before you know it. I hope we get a decent amount of people out, and I hope they have a lot of fun. The weekend after that, I think we're going to try and make it to Cincy to visit Thomas and Beth. (Regardless of that visit I hope they can make it to our party!)

In other news, David and I are now in a darts league in Jerseyville with my cousin Lisa and her boyfriend Kevin. Every other week we play at our home bar, Molloy's, and every other week we play elsewhere in Jville. We're not amazing, but after one night we are 8-5.

Additionally, I've been working on T-shirts for volleyball that are coming out nicely. I think I'll experiment with more designs when I get some more free time...

Things at work are going well, and I'm getting excited because we have a Web site planning meeting this week. It looks like my fun is about to begin ;)

And that's my life right now in a nutshell. :)

No comments: