Friday, November 13, 2009

Stumbled upon some Adam Lambert snippets today...

So the guy everyone thought had loads of talent and unique style about him is coming out with an album that sounds strikingly like girly pop, not the rock he was supposed to be all about - http://mjsbigblog.com/for-your-entertaiment-preview-snippets.htm

From the snippets, I can tell that the title track" For Your Entertainment" might be a hit with popular radio audiences, and I'm guessing that because of its similarities to the sounds of Lady Gaga and Miss Britney Spears - it reminds me a lot of "Toxic" and we all remember how popular that was. 

OK, yes, his voice is fabulous, but I don't think we're seeing full potential here, not by a long shot, and quite frankly I'm starting to wonder if he should have taken Queen up on that offer...

On the positive side, I really like the track "Sleepwalker," or what I've heard of it. As I read on (http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/11/11/adam-lambert-for-your-entertainment-song-snippets/), I'm not surprised that OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder had a hand in that one.

The album is not without its ballads - time to show off his pretty side - but for the most part, "For Your Entertainment" is very Backstreet Boys' "Millenium" for a newer age. I bring up that comparison only because I was stuck without an iPod in my rental car last week and was forced to listen to the one CD I grabbed or deal with talk shows in the morning. If you listen to the two side by side, there are similarities. Adam's voice is much better than the Boys' but the songwriting and peppy tunes have a lot in common and that's kind of disappointing. 

Not to say I won't listen to it and like it, but I still enjoy the BSB and NSYNC so what do I know? I will be surprised if my music-loving boyfriend finds any quality in this stuff (then again, we could have an "Umbrella" repeat on our hands, who knows).

No comments: