Thursday, January 17, 2008

'Idol' fever began Tuesday: Season 7

"You are my brother, my best friend for-eevver, singing the songs, the music that you likkkkkeeee!!!"
-Renaldo

Some say he's the new William Hung, but since I didn't watch "Idol" on a regular basis back in Hung's day, I'm afraid it's Renaldo for me. He got Paula up and dancing and Randy singing along. Simon couldn't be too mean... after all, Renaldo is a big fan:



Simon did say he had a terrrible feeling Renaldo's original composition "I Am Your Brother" would be a No. 1 hit, and he's right -- I've had the stupid sh*t stuck in my head all day. At least it makes me smile, right?

All in all, Simon seems to be a lot more tame this season. In two episodes, he's already let through some questionable singers... even some PAULA has said NO to. Of course, I don't know how often that has ever happened since 6 is the only season I have watched all the way through.

He was his usual mean self toward a contestant from Edwardsville, Ill. though. The guy's name was Kyle Reinneck, and he showed up to the audition wearing "guyliner" and a black T-shirt that said "Do You Idol Kyle?" and looking extra queer. Simon said he looked demonic when he sang. The guy was pretty tone deaf:


I don't know whether there are that many standouts so far this season, but I hope that we see some more good ones next week. I need this season to be more exciting than last season. Lucky for me, I came in on the "Idol" bandwagon when the show was at its lowest. Even though I liked last season a lot, there's apparently no way to go but up. Plenty of room for improvement. I wanna see another Chris Daughtry!! Bring it on, season 7.

(Nerdy Note: I joined the official "American Idol" site this year so I can follow and post on the message boards. You will probably hear more about the show on this blog as well though. My life is so exciting...
P.S. I blogged about this on The Telegraph's Web blog as well. Read it here: http://hereandthere.freedomblogging.com/2008/01/17/edwardsvilles-own-american-idol/)

No comments: