Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I feel accomplished today.

Even though I didn't get any NEW stories done, I did turn in four that I have been working on in the last 2 days. See the fuzzy picture of my centuries-old computer screen. I am responsible for No. 7, 13, 14 and 15, which you can't see very well.


But I got a lot more than that done.

I wrote a "Here and There" blog about Fight Back --nutrition and physical activity for the month of April, another blog about not going to Bonnaroo anymore :( (super SADFACE) and I rustled up some Cardinals' tickets.

I neglected to buy a Pujols pack of five games this year but have had almost as much luck just finding tickets elsewhere. Next week, David and I are going to an EIU alumni event at Busch Stadium, where $55 each covers the game and free food and drinks from 11:15 a.m. to the end of the game. Today, I took someone up on an offer for four tickets to May 18's afternoon game against the Rays so that my mom and dad can see a game this year. In addition, Emily has contacted David and I about tickets she bought to a Cards/Cubs game at Wrigley!! That will be awesome, since I've never been there.

I only hope he -- my favorite baseball player --

can keep up what he's doing (and STOP sliding into home head first) so I can see him in all his glory come the Sunday after next.

No comments: