Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Work is about to change.

Hey everyone.

I have a new job. Sort of. I will soon no longer be the Jersey County reporter, but will instead be the online/video editor. I will still be doing some reporting, but only doing page design when I'm needed during vacations.

It's at the same place and I'm not getting any pay raises (which is doody). But my paper is trying to make a leap into the 21st century and it apparently needs me to help streamline the effort.

The no pay raise at the moment part sucks but I think this is a step closer to where I want to be in the future. I think I want to get into online journalism (though I feel like I'm betraying my beloved print...)

I am also applying to a 30-and-out Web design program at Lewis and Clark Community College so I can add that Web design associate's degree to my bachelor of arts in journalism. The best part is it should only take me about 1.5 years to do (while I continue to work full time). That should get me more opportunities and a pay raise of some sort (or I don't know what else will).

Lookout world. I'm changing directions.

No comments: