Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Fancy Christmas comes to the Griffith household

This year has been so busy for everyone in my family that it just wasn't feasible to open presents from Santa on Christmas Day.

Our solution?

We had Christmas at our house last night. And when we planned it, which was kind of last minute, I thought this was a chance to make it my own.

Inspired from all the parties I'd been to this year featuring fancy appetizers and party gifts, we put together a few items of our own, even if it was just for our little family and David (who came late because Dominoe's kept him at work 2 + hours late).

We had cookies and candy galore, pecans my aunt picked herself and gave to my parents as a gift, spinach-stuffed mushrooms and cream cheese bacon crescents mom helped me make (kraftfoods.com), rye bread mini pizzas and a meat, cheese and vegetable tray no one touched as well as a plethora of chips, pretzels and dip. (And fancy G napkins :))



I made some sweet wine glasses for everyone to have as party favors. Altogether the materials cost me about $8. And I could have made at least 10 more for $1 more per glass.
I got a Wii Fit (FUN!!!!), a great set of luggage and lots of other goodies I love.
For entertainment, we played a game called "Pay Me" and watched Christmas videos from mine and James' childhood (cute AND funny!)
I tried to record the whole thing but my camera died halfway through James opening his presents. I wanted to make things last longer so we opened presents one at a time starting with him. By the video though, one would think he was an only child.
More Christmas stuff going on tonight and tomorrow, but for now, everyone have a very Merry Christmas!!

No comments: