Monday, December 15, 2008

Fancy holiday party fun

I spent most of last week feeling sick, but I caught a break near the weekend and was able to accompany Lynne to a girls' night in Christmas party she and her friends been planning at least a month. Turns out it was just what I needed for a relaxing night of fun, and the added excitement of meeting some new people was the icing on the cake.

The party was held at her friend's place in University City, which was decked out in classy Christmas style - I was amazed at all the preparations, so I sat there and took it all in while I tried to make friendly conversation.

The women there were very friendly and, might I add, pretty good cooks. It was a change of pace from the Christmas parties I was used to - bags of chips, store-bought cookies, pizza and beer. That being said, I was a little embarrassed with my non-cooking skills and Christmas popcorn tin, but at least people ate some.
 
Instead, Christmas platters filled with Cream Cheese Bacon Crescents and Bruschetta covered the tables as we hovered around the kitchen, talking and refilling our holiday decorated glasses with mulled wine and Sangria.
 
Read more on my work blog and get the recipe for the crescents, which were TASTY.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you liked!!!
We plan on topping it next year ... something a little more adventurous, daring... fun?

Anyway, we'll have to have a Christmas in July party also, you my friend will be on the guest list.