Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Back from a long weekend in Chicago

Today I'm back to work after a long weekend in Chicago. A long weekend period, really. 

Saturday morning David and I joined Mark and Emily from the Lincoln Lofts, where we used to live, in playing a volleyball tournament out at Wave Taco in Downtown St. Louis. We lost six games before we won the last two, but it was really fun. However, my face is sunburned from lack of sunscreen, and I got a late start in getting to Chicago. 

I got out of the shower and headed out around 5:30, arriving in Chicago about five hours later. Brian had just got off from work. Good timing. Erin brought her man over and visited a little bit, and then they left and we headed to bed to get ready for an early day on Sunday. 

Around 10 a.m. Sunday we gathered with a bunch of Brian's family members in Chicago and boarded a bus for Milwaukee. It was Brian's birthday and Mother's Day all at once, so we celebrated with a 4-2 Cubs win at Miller Park, which was beautiful. I got lots of pictures and video of the Sausage Race. 

That evening, we ate at Lou Malnati's with Brian's family and his brother's fiancee Nora. It was pretty good. I wrote a blog about it. By the time we got back to his house and whipped out Guitar Hero: World Tour (a birthday present from his sister Katie), I had pretty much conked out on the couch. I went to bed, and Brian finally fell asleep hours later. 

Monday morning we headed out to Hyde Park and decided to hit the Harry Potter exhibition at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry before Erin met us up again. It was amazing. I also wrote a blog about that. 

When we met her in Wrigleyville that afternoon, I recognized Lucky's Sandwich Co. from the Travel Channel's "Man vs. Food," so of course we had to eat there. I really liked it. 

I left the city around 4:45 and got home around 10 (traffic jam as I was leaving the city). Look for individual posts on all of this on Twitter or at http://quarterlifecrisis.freedomblogging.com. 

No comments: