Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day + Justin + grill = I ate too much

Obligatory holiday post. 

David and I were gearing up for a pretty boring Memorial Day and boy was the weather crappy. I got up the same time I would have if I had gone to work and cleaned for HOURS. David actually did go to work. I went grocery shopping and to drop off some library books. I planned on browsing Twitter, watching too many episodes of "America's Next Top Model" and then falling asleep.

Then Justin called David, wondering if we wanted to grill, so we decided to take advantage of an overhang we have above our walkout basement. We got two games of bags in before we had to retire them for the day, and spent the rest of the night cooking, chatting -  generally taking it easy. 

When the food was done, I decided against my vegetarian-esque lifestyle and opted for a burger this time. What the hell? They were infused with onions and red peppers, it's not like I didn't get my veggies in ;) They were the best hamburgers (yes, plural) that I have ever tasted. He really should open a restaurant. He'd make the big bucks just off me.

We spent the rest of the night watching Larry King Live, which was more Ryan Seacrest and Idols live than anything, and then they made CDs that we'll listen to on the way to Bonnaroo. Getting pumped! By then, though, I was tuckered out and ready for a night's sleep.

No comments: