Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Laura v. Minette Diet Challenge '09

(Or at least, that's what I'm calling it.)

Over our Chicago vacation (which was fabulous by the way) my mom and I decided to challenge each other to a weight loss competition. Sure, it's great to do something for yourself, but it's also easier when you break out a competitive edge. Just ask the "Biggest Loser."

Starting at approximately 171 lbs. each, we'll see who can get closest to 145 lbs. between now and the end of August (around "American Idols" Live and the beginning of a new school year).

If I win, she pays me $20. (Almost $1 per pound.)
If she wins, I clean her house. (She likes a thorough house cleaning, so nothing easy.)

I lost 6-8 pounds during my quest to be skinnier and more healthy for Bonnaroo, but then I fell out of rhythm and gained all of it back. Dieting and exercise is hard work when you're super busy! But in my quest to be healthier for Bonnaroo I did pick up a few healthy habits to help me on my way. I discovered boxed veggie lunches and Zumba classes at Metro. And sand volleyball started back up.

Wish me luck! I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck to you and Minette... Tell her I can't wait to see her when school starts back up!