Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Family photo archive Web site

I recently purchased a scanner with the idea in mind to scan all the old photos in my parents' ancient photo albums. It'll be quite the undertaking, but I'm up to the task.

Today, I started with the oldest (mind you, they are not completely in order) and have started a private Web site on Shutterfly.com, which I will be inviting family members and friends of the family to join.



I named the site Griffith-Wittman because the photo albums that started it all contain my parents' photos from both sides of the family as well as of friends from both sides.

Besides the fact that some of your old photos could be on the site, there are other benefits to joining -

Once a member of the site, a person can view and add photos, notes and video to keep everyone updated.

For those interested in photo-personalized gifts, this site makes it easy to order straightaway from any of the photos posted.

Unfortunately, members can't download photos from the site, so if you are a member and would like a digital copy of anything, please email me at laminette.griff@gmail.com and I'd be happy to e-mail you a copy you can print at home or at Walgreens. Additionally, I think the site allows you to order prints...

I'm trying to find everyone on Facebook and ask them to spread the word, but if you know someone who would like an invite, send me e-mail addresses.

Thanks!

No comments: