Monday, July 6, 2009

July 4 weekend set me back

... Justin's red pepper burgers, too yummy to resist, and stupid, stupid alcohol, contributed to a 3 pound weight gain that set me back this Fourth of July weekend. That and the fact that I had NO energy all week and a wierd schedule that kept me in bed until work Monday through Friday.

Thank God this week I'm back to a somewhat regular schedule. Still tired as all get out tho.

How did your weekend go?

My parents met me on July 3 after work to see the fireworks in Downtown Alton. Not so much after work as a half hour before I got off, because I got held up waiting for the fireworks story for the front, but it turned out OK in the end.

They got to see the newsroom and sit and relax for a little bit while I finished, then I showed them around and got one of the press guys to give them a tour of the whole newspaper printing process. I think I got the walking tour three years ago when I started but it wasn't as in depth as that.

Afterward, the lawn to the left of the building here was a perfect vantage point for watching the fireworks. We could even see the St. Louis fireworks in the distance, and the show was a good one. It sprinkled a little but never really rained, thank God.

On July 4, Justin and Jacob came over and played the new Tiger Woods golf game for the Wii while Justin prepared the grill. Thomas, Beth, Madden, Pam and Amy all came and ate, and we played some bags and The Game of Things later in the night.

By Sunday I was completely wiped out. I laid around watching "Friends" all day.

With the exception of the 3 pounds, it was a pretty decent weekend.

No comments: