Monday, September 14, 2009

Bonnarooers are right, Kanye really does suck

And last night's display of jerkitude at the MTV VMAs, which I didn't watch, proves it.

Congratulations, now a whole new group of music lovers hate you.

As reported by various online news sources, the first Moon Man last night for Best Female Music Video went to Taylor Swift for "You Belong With Me." (Which I watched just now and find absolutely adorable. Embedded below.) Apparently Kanye West thought Beyonce should have won for "Single Ladies" because he rushed on stage, took the mic and crashed Taylor's party by preaching in favor of a different outcome. Talk about unclassy.



I've watched the reruns, with Kanye on his soap box and poor Taylor standing there looking stunned... She's just a kid for Christ's sake, and she deserves to revel in her win.

And that's exactly what Beyonce said, remembering when she won for the first time with Destiny's Child. That was right before she waived her own acceptance speech for Music Video of the Year in favor of letting Taylor finish her moment.

I'm not a huge country fan but I love Taylor Swift. On the other hand, I'm always talking about how much I loathe Beyonce... but after this, I have to respect Beyonce for being the classy woman that she is.

By the same token, I could do without supporting a giant d-bag like Kanye. Boo Kanye.

No comments: