Thursday, September 3, 2009

Daily mile

As some of you may know and some of you may not know, it has been my recent desire to become a runner. 

I have goaded David into eating better with me and I've been trying to cover some miles every day after work. Stephen showed me to a wonderful Web site, dailymile.com, which tracks all my progress (see the widget on the left side of this page). I could use a few friends and motivators, if you're interested, or you can leave me comments right here.

I haven't given the Couch to 5K program another shot lately, but I've been employing the same idea at my own pace to get used to running (and to convince myself I like it). I decided, the first day I ran for two minutes without dying, that I do. Eventually, I will re-employ the actual program. 

My next goal is to do a 2.5K at EIU Homecoming on Oct. 17 to see if this is something I could really get into. Stephen and his wife Mal, I believe, are going to do it as well, and my friend Amy might be coming with :)

Once I get through that, there's a whole world of possibility out there for me - fun runs, charities, etc. 

And there's the health benefits too. I feel so much better physically (except for my legs) now that I've been running, and I'm hoping I can lose some weight in the process. We were out shooting the soccer girls' team photos today and I realized how much I miss being somewhat athletic. Couldn't hurt my volleyball game either...

No comments: