Sunday, November 4, 2007

All this has come and gone

Halloween
I spent the weekend before Halloween traveling to Lincoln to attend a party with Matt. It was hosted by a couple named the Boltons, who call themselves the "Bloodtons" around Halloween. Their house was covered in decorations (see the photos provided in the link for examples) -- the bathroom was covered in a plastic wall covering to make the walls look like that of a dungeon, the lights were all dimmed and there were severed heads spread throughout the house. Mostly, we just played card games and watched a ton of scary movies all night. I wore my nurses' scrubs covered in fake blood, and carried a bloody knife. Matt and his girlfriend Rachel were a gay couple and Matt's friend Chris was The Dude from "The Big Lebowski."

Other vacation stuff
I watched a lot of scary movies with David. "Halloween," "Rosemary's Baby" and more. 

Austin
I got on an airplane for the first time in my life and flew from St. Louis to Houston to Austin, where I spent Thursday around 11 a.m. through Saturday around 3 p.m. with Diane and Robert. They took me to a lot of random places, and I had a lot of fun. My favorite place was the Alamo Draft House, which is a really cool place where you can go to the show (we saw "Lars and the Real Girl") and have dinner at the exact same time (I had a caesar salad, raspberry Italian soda, chocolate cake/ice cream and a Mimosa, all just because I could). Some other cool places we went include Ten Thousand Villages of Austin, where I bought a ring from Indonesia. When you buy an item there, the money goes to the artisan in whatever third world country he or she is from. They also print out little stories about the item so you know its back story.  They took me to several out of this world toy stores including Monkey See, Monkey Do. We also went in a variety of boutiques and even a Day of the Dead shop called the Turquoise Door (on South Congress. They have no Web site that I can find, but feel free to Google it). 

I'll add more info once I get the chance to think. 

All in all, my vacation was too short, but it was good. I'm going to request my next week's vacation in January as soon as tomorrow. :)

No comments: