Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Family of hunters

Hey-- my family made the front page.

"JERSEYVILLE -- A Jersey County boy gave himself an early birthday present when he shot a 20-point buck Friday morning. 

Jaron Wittman described his big moment Tuesday, a day after his 11th birthday.

Jaron (pronounced Jerun) was hunting Friday with his father, Tom Wittman. The youngster, who has been hunting since he was 8 years old, said he and his dad left to hunt about 6 a.m. and saw no deer from their tree stand until about 9:30 a.m...."


Well, you see where this is going. 

It's kind of hard to believe that my mom's entire family likes hunting and that my immediate family is so different. Not only do none of my family members (not even my Dad and brother) like sports -- they don't like hunting either. 

And while I love me a good Cardinals game, I, too, find hunting extraordinarily yucky. I don't see the fun in killing things really, but I guess this is a pretty big accomplishment for a 10-year-old (and my second cousin). Way to go. :)

No comments: