Monday, July 16, 2007

A little white house with a picket fence...

Ok, so it wasn't MY house per say. It's my parents' house. And there is no picket fence. But it is white.

They left, and I was in charge for the weekend. I felt incredibly grown up. And I feel incredibly childish that it took my parents' vacation to make me feel that way, despite the fact that I've graduated from college, gotten a full time job in the real world, etc. I mean, I have a 401k, and here I was playing house with my boyfriend.

They left Friday morning and we watched "Friends" all day while I cleaned my room, did laundry, and tried my best to organize one year's worth of clips from The Telegraph. Toward the evening, I showered while David amused himself in the living room with "Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree" and I got all dressed up so he could show me off in St. Louis. We went to see "Harry Potter 5" and had dinner at Pujols 5 at Westport. Ha. They both have the number 5 in them. Ok anyway...

When we went to sleep, we sat there and read books like an old married couple. It may sound silly but it was one of the most important things I think we've done as a couple. After all, it's gotta be something special if we have the same amount of fun no matter what we do, as long as we do it together. He agrees.

Saturday, he played softball and I went on to my violin lesson. (SIDENOTE: I take violin now. It's awesome. More later.) Later, we would meet up again to go to a friend's BBQ and then to Dave and Buster's for Rachelowe's birthday.

More things that made me feel old:
** I brought a covered dish to a friend's BBQ. What's next? Rice Krispies for the kids? That's not far off- Kevin and Abby's little Brianne is due in October. **We discussed making a couple's dinner date with Kevin and Abby. Maybe it's just different because they're married and about to have a family, I don't know.

I cleaned up and did chores on Sunday before going to work, and life was back to normal. Actually, I wasn't liking it. I know there will be a time and a place for all that, but I got a taste of it and it felt better than feeling inadequate and stuck somewhere between adolescence and adulthood.

No comments: