Monday, February 16, 2009

Week in review Feb. 9-15

Last week I started the Couch to 5K running challenge from coolrunning.com.

I successfully completed the first week and am excited to move on this week. Paired with vastly smaller portions and better eating habits, I haven't really lost too much weight just yet. But I am feeling tighter and less flabby - and much better, thank you.

I ran Monday, Wednesday and Saturday - or I walked briskly for 5 minutes then alternated 60 seconds of jogging followed by 90 seconds of walking 8 times, then walked for 6 minutes to cool down.

In other news, we didn't do so well in volleyball last week, so let's hope this coming week improves.

This weekend was a slow one, but I got a lot of much-needed rest. I am suffering from pretty bad, chronic allergies. The Bendryl has pretty much kicked in now, but I don't know whether it's really helping or just making me feel funny.

Valentine's Day was good. I drove to the Galleria, looking all scrubby in my running gear and shorts, and braved the V-day crowd at the Cheesecake Factory to bring myself and David home a piece of Chocolate Peanut Butter cheesecake each. I know it's not on my diet but I ate it in two stages - plus it made David's day.  Sunday we ate at Castelli's, because David had to work and didn't know when he would get off Saturday.

Also Sunday, we walked through the house again with David's parents. It was their first time through and they liked it. My realtor is supposed to let me know by tomorrow whether we will close this Friday or Monday. I hope this Friday because David's miraculously off this weekend and we can get a lot of our painting done.

That's about it, except another long week ahead. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: