Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What did you give up for Lent?

I'm really not the religious type, but I was raised Catholic. I remember during past Lenten seasons, I've had a hard time staying away from meat on Fridays. I don't even eat meat that much, but it always seemed like I was having a McDonald's hamburger on those days. 

So this year, to make up for that (and because I want to live healthier), I am giving up meat for the entirety of Lent. (And when I say meat, I mean all meat - including chicken and fish. I don't like fish anyway.) Thought I'd try the life of a vegetarian for a while. 

The hardest part is going to be the small stuff I never thought about having meat in it, but I think I can do it. Like I said I don't eat much meat anyway and always tend to get vegetarian options at restaurants. 

Wish me luck!

No comments: