Wednesday, December 26, 2007

First Christmas

My first Christmas with David went off without a hitch.
It started last weekend when he and I exchanged presents. He got me a DSC-W80 Sony Cybershot digital camera (silver) and I got him a Yamaha guitar and starter kit, complete with soft case, extra strings, picks, a tuner and a short instructional DVD. We were both very happy with what we got. He doesn't know how to play yet, although I am trying to teach him what I know about music (translated from the violin, and it isn't that much yet) and he is trying to learn to read tabs. He already knows the beginning to about three songs. :) And he loves it. That's what is important.

Here's my new camera!


After work on Christmas Eve, I picked David up and took him to the Wittman family celebration at the Susnig Center in Jerseyville. Yes, our family is so big we rent a community center for holiday parties. Anyway, it was all overwhelming I'm sure -- at least until we left for my uncle's house afterward, where the crowd was much smaller. Then we went to my cousin's house and played Wii with her family. It was all nice, but kind of strange. For one, my brother was much more outgoing and pleasant than usual, which was great. Plus my cousins, who are all older and all live in Jerseyville so I never got to know any of them well, were a lot of fun. Did I mention they like to drink? We did some of that too.

On Christmas morning, my immediate family went to my Grandma Wittman's for lunch. It was tasty. No one stayed very long, and niether did I this year. Usually, I stay and play Phase 10 for money with the aunts. This year, I had other places to go.

I went to David's parents' house in the afternoon and stayed until about 8 p.m. We had dinner, which was almost entirely different from the one I had at Grandma's -- but also very tasty. Afterward, we played Cardinals World Series Monopoly, which I got from my brother as a present this year.

Good thing too, because my family won't ever play and it might have never gotten played otherwise. David's youngest brother, Dan, whomped the rest of us when he got lucky landing on free parking (which got him more than $1,000 dollars) and then his dad Jim traded him Josh Kinney, which enabled him to construct hotels on half the board. That was the end for the rest of us. His parents and I also exchanged presents. I got them a ceramic candy container shaped like a holiday wreath and filled with Hershey's kisses, because David said his mom would like it and I had no idea what to get them. I'm very new at this. I paid good money for the present, but I still feel bad I didn't get them more. They gave me shower gel, bubble bath, body spray and body creme from bath and Body Works (senusal amber scented, my choice) and a pretty journal with a couple pens -- which David advised them that I would like. And I do. I feel like my present wasn't as good as theirs, but I hope they still like me anyway.

We also watched some Lost (disc 1, season 3) in an attempt to catch up before the new season, and we visited his grandparents who also allegedly like me. Go me :)

Then I went home to sleep. I work the rest of today, tomorrow 9-6 and Friday 2-11, and then I'm on vacation till the folowing Friday. Can't wait. It'll be even better than Christmas to not have to come in to work.

No comments: