Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Our Media Library

David and I started our own private blog -- (He's a bit self conscious and won't keep it up otherwise) -- for the purpose of expanding our literary horizons and our personal library. 

We found a pretty cool Web site that goes along with it too -- www.goodreads.com -- which allows users to compile lists of books they're read and which ones they want to read, and gives them resources to read and write reviews of books as well as rate them. Pretty much, it's a great way, other than picking random books out of the library and judging a book by its cover, to find great reads that I didn't otherwise know about. 

I'm pretty excited. 
Right now I'm reading "Wicked," "Stiff" and "I Am America (And So Can You)." I can't seem to get enough time to read them... and go to work, and work out, and hang out with the boyfriend, and do Christmas-sy stuff and sleep and play the Sims and all this stuff I'm addicted to now, but I'm working on finding a way to squeeze a good book in when I can, even if it takes forever to finish. 

Any suggestions?

No comments: