Sunday, September 30, 2007

Hear My Memories

Every once in awhile, I'll be driving home or to a store or wherever I happen to be going, and I'll hear a song on my radio or iPod that takes my mind somewhere else. Those songs have ceased to remain simple songs that I like or remember or occassionally listen to and have instead become a part of my memories themselves. 

I had one of those nights tonight, when I was on my way home from the newsroom, so I thought I'd sit here with my iPod and write down some of those memories as they come up. Keep in mind, my iPod is set to play at random. Here we go:

"Danger Zone" - Kenny Loggins, Top Gun Soundtrack
I'm sitting in Thomas's navy blue '87 Chevy Nova and we're driving down some highway near here around here at about 90 m.p.h. I don't feel very safe knowing that if we crash in this car (I know, I owned a white '88 model), we will certainly die. At the same time, it's kind of exciting.

Wow, teenagers are stupid. Moving on...

"God Must Have Spent A Little More Time On You" - NSYNC
I must be back in high school. I'm sitting in my room after Diane and I got home from an NSYNC concert. We just finished seeing the same show we saw the last concert we went to. It must have been part of the same "No Strings Attached" Tour. I have a hairbrush in my hand and I'm trying to convince myself that I can sing. My room is covered in Justin/JC crap. 

Aww.....

"You Make Me Wanna" - Usher
Now I'm in 8th grade, and I'm at a friend's house. Her name is Jana. We're likely talking about some guy I like. I have a crush on about 50 black guys, probably because before this year I have never known any. 

Life experiences...

"All That She Wants" - Ace of Base
We've now journeyed back to my St. Ambrose days. I'm in Tara Meisenheimer's basement with Abby, Jennifer and likely Lauren. We're plotting which boys we might want to try and kiss during this weekend's party, also at Tara's house, during which we will likely play spin the bottle. I'd like it to be Pat. Or Barry. Or ... 

OK, that's enough. I obviously had crushes on EVERYONE...
This is actually kind of fun.

"Gold Digger" - Kanye West
I'm in my room at 1718 12th Street in Charleston, Ill. trying to relax and watch some Food Network, and this song is playing LOUDLY and eminating from my Asian roommate's humble abode. I'll bet it's Thursday, and she's doing her hair so we can make it to BINGO!!! WOOOO!!

God I miss Bingo.

"Barely Legal" - The Strokes
I am hiding under a bed in Alison Hanold's house nervous because someone is walking around out there in the dark, and I hope it's not Brett, cuz he's it. Someone slides under the bed next to me. There aren't any good spots left. Andy?? That was before I dated him. I'm a senior in high school but I think it's awesome to play Hide and Seek. Mostly since Tim and Elaine invented HAGMO (Hide and Go Make Out). 

OK that was loads of fun. Until next time...

No comments: