Saturday, September 6, 2008

Illini crush Panthers 47-21

But that really wasn't my main concern. In fact, I really didn't have any concerns.

The Panthers were expected to lose against the Big 10 conference team. No surprise there. Also, I don't mind the U of I. In fact, if I had to pick a college team to cheer for, I guess the Illini would be the one. The fact of the matter is, I don't really care much about football and I was just there to cheer on my alma mater (and bc David loves the Illini). And because it promised to be a new and exciting experience.

We were in Bradley-Kankakee for April's wedding on Friday, which was very pretty. I always knew we had similar tastes - her bridesmaid's dresses were brown and the groomsmen wore brown and pink (I would have gone green instead of pink but that's where we differ). Anyway, April, the new Mrs. Bobby Hawes, looked beautiful and incredibly happy. Plus we got to see Rachel and Matt at the wedding, so it was a good trip.

To make the absolute most of our weekend, we took advantage of the chance a week earlier to buy tickets to EIU v. U of I in Champaign-Urbana. So we went. We had never been to a U of I game before. It was fun! I think we should go every year when they play EIU. I took some photos, as you can see.

David, the Illini fan

Me, representing the Romo in Illini country.

The newly renovated Memorial Stadium.

Football.

The signs said something like ILL- INI BEAT EIU.

Scoreboard.

I put together a video you can watch here:

Oh, and on the way home, we stopped in Charleston so we could eat McHugh's. Ain't life grand? (On a side note, I had a brain fart and ordered the 1/2 pound cheesburger... I'm still recovering.)

I meant to post this on Saturday when we got back but I had technical difficulties uploading the photos.

1 comment:

Erin M. Miller said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I am jealous you went to the game and ate at McHugh's....oooh so delicious.