Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Birthday weekend and more

Because my birthday was on a Monday this year, I knew I had to live it up over the weekend.
 
Friday night, David's friend Josh came into town and he, David, I, Amy, Justin, Clancy and Cory went to Bossanova. I drank wine all night, on Josh's bill, and had a great time. McDonalds before bed made me sure I wasn't going to wake up with a hangover.
 
Saturday I woke up feeling groggy, but that's about it, which is completely OK for a lazy day. I laid in bed and read, and cleaned, and laid in bed and read and watched some TV until David came home. At 8:30, we had reservations at EF Carpenters in Jerseyville, Ill. I had written about them when they opened - it was pretty decent. I had steak, he had the "cowboy porkchop," which was topped with nuts and a cherry glaze giving it a very Christmassy taste. The spinach and artichoke dip was delightful.
 
Sunday David went to go watch the Bears/Green Bay game at the Beagle but on my birthday weekend there was to be no football. So I went to my parents' house for presents, cheesecake and visiting. I got a pine scented Christmas candle, a cat grooming glove (more for her than for me), a Christmas tree, a French press coffeemaker, and a fall jacket. The cheesecake has chocolate chips in it ;) Later, David met us at my parents' house and we ate at Hodak's in St. Louis.
 
Monday was my birthday, but David went to work. I went to visit with Dad and we walked at the mall, but pretty much the rest of my day was spent reading "The Kite Runner" and going to class. At least I had a personal day. Any day without work is a good one in my book.

No comments: