Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"Hold Harmless" extension

Quick update: If the seller agrees to work with us, which I hope he will, we have been granted an extension on the window repairs due to the cold.

The way I understand it is we got the extension because the repairs cannot be done right now and it is neither our fault as the buyers nor his fault as the seller that it's winter time right now and it's cold during the winter.

If everything works out, either the seller will have so many days after it gets warm to come in and make the fixes or he will have to put a to-be-determined amount of money for the repairs in the escrow account and we will have so many days after it gets warm to do the fixes.

I would prefer that he come in and do them, but either way we can work it out will work for me. I just want my house.

He still has to agree though, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed still. It shouldn't take much to get him to make the electrical repairs since, like I said previously, the city inspection will require those to be done as well.

I hate inspections.

2 comments:

Erin M. Miller said...

Congrats!!!! I am so excited!

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, I suppose the seller can still back out, and I am super nervous about that. He is taking an awful long time to get back to us on that. However, my real estate agent seems to think things will work out so I do, for now.

Keep your fingers crossed for me tho!