Monday, January 26, 2009

Loan in process, inspection is tomorrow

Here's my quick update for the day.
 
I met with the lender this morning, Pulaski Bank in Alton, and signed a bunch of paperwork. My signature is getting pretty tiresome to look at and it's only getting worse! Point being, the loan is now being processed and I'm not spending anything until it's through!! (Except bills and other necessities - the normal stuff, you know).
 
It sounds like things are moving swiftly so far, and closing is set for Feb. 23, which works out because our lease is up at the end of March and we need some time to fix things up. I can't wait and have been watching far too much HGTV lately. I'm trying not to get overly excited or get to thinking its OK to spend more money than I can, but I am allowed to get pumped, I'm buying my first house for Christ's sake.
 
Our realtor has set us up with a specific home inspector, which is required through a local grant I got as a first time homebuyer. My dad and I will meet him over at the house tomorrow afternoon on my lunch break and check things out. For my sake, keep your fingers crossed that there's not a lot wrong and we can proceed on schedule. (And if there is a lot wrong, that the seller has a big hand in paying for it!)
 
More updates as I have them.

No comments: