Wednesday, January 28, 2009

If it isn't one thing...

My realtor hasn't heard back from the seller's agent as to whether or not he's willing to do the fixes on the windows. She does seem to think he will have no problem, and I'm starting to feel better about that.

I almost think he had to have known when he signed the contract with me, specifically, that the windows might not pass inspection. I mean, he redid the kitchen and bathroom and put in a new furnace and water heater... it's almost like he hadn't gotten to the windows yet and just decided to get rid of the house. I think that may work in my favor if he wants to get rid of it badly enough, and like I said, my realtor seems to be thinking positive about at least that.

But if it isn't one thing, it's another.

Can you even glaze windows or paint them in the winter? Sources are pointing to no. My agent said she had this same dilemma last winter and the grant coordinator in that instance gave the buyers an extension. The seller then gave the buyers the money for the fixes and when it got warmer they had 45 days to complete them. That would be oh so nice.

Anyway, my agent said she doesn't think this will keep me from closing and she doesn't think I'll lose the house so I'm not falling to pieces just yet. But I am still nervous and I hope to hear good news soon!

No comments: