Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I know this was kind of sudden

About a month ago or so, I started looking at houses and considering my housing options. My lease at the Lincoln Lofts was going to be up in April, and I needed to figure out my plan for the future.
 
Two weeks or so ago, I started hardcore looking at houses in my low price range, and quickly found how limited I was going to be. Although I had some hope in the beginning, because the house I settled on happens to be the second one I actually saw.
 
From there, I noticed quality and potential going straight downhill. But this particular house was in a not too shabby area of Alton, the city I've always considered home, it had tons of storage, a garage and a shed, a basement, a brand new kitchen and bathroom, and loads of possibility for building resale value - not to mention for becoming a home I can call my own. 
 
My parents thought it a little sudden but I felt my house slipping away, although it haunted my dreams in previous nights. I did a lot of calling and research, and made an informed decision. I would offer a low price, ask for closing costs and just see what would happen. 
 
Through a realtor that has been very helpful to me, I made that offer and got countered. I made one more counter offer, and guess what? The seller took it. 
 
In short, an agreement has been made between myself and the seller, and it has been determined financially feasible for me to own this home. If all goes smoothly, you may be looking at a home owner. That's my news.

No comments: