Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lauranette.com is up

It may look lame now, but keep in consideration that I coded lauranette.com by hand.

Also consider that I was a bit out of practice when I did it, so there are still some validation issues I need to work out.

I plan on using the site in the coming year to display my work in writing, video, photo and design (both print and Web) as well as my resume. I'm currently working on a more solid template (I think it's going to look a lot more like this blog than anything else) and design for the site, as well as gathering site content.

Right now I have linked this blog and one I created at lauranette.com to blog about journalism. I haven't posted to that one in awhile and still need to mess with the theme a bit.

Classes start Tuesday and I'll be learning more about Javascript and venturing into the world of Flash. I forsee that this site will become a lot more exciting when I get a chance to incorporate some of that knowledge.

Already, as you can see, I have come along way from nothing. So wish me luck in the coming semester.

No comments: