Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Check out this artist

Travis Lawrence
I want to post some of my fave images of his, but I'm afraid of copyright infringment, and so you should just check out his site on your own. 

His bio doesn't say much, but I'm gathering that most of his work is really dark, and that he is from rural Illinois. He does paintings, poems, other writings, drawings and photography, and seems to be pretty good at all of those mediums. 

The darkness in his work draws me... I can't really explain myself without sitting here to think about it more, but I do encourage you to check him out, as well as the other artists on:

The site just launched on Oct. 1, and there are some interesting things to see. My favorite so far just happens to be Lawrence. 

Josh Rowan is also amazing. 

No comments: