Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Me, Myself and I

Ever wonder what kind of joy bloggers like me derive from writing about nothing from day to day? Why, oh why, do we do it?

Is it because we love ourselves? 


Does that picture look like an answer to that question to you?

Kidding. I don't really know why I do it to tell you the truth, and I guess I can't speak for other people. 

What I do know is this: I'm always itching to read updates about my friends and the people I know, so I guess somewhere in my mind I'm hoping other people care to read mindless updates about me. Take my boyfriend, for example. I hound him weekly about posting a blog. He's done it once.

For one, I have a lot of free time at work, and I sometimes like to read stuff that takes me away from the newsroom, if not only for a second. 

Second, since leaving a lot of friends in different areas, it seems like it would be a good way to keep in touch -- if only a few more people chose to do it (thank God for MySpace and Facebook eh?) Also, way to go Stephen, on giving me not only a text blog to read, but also a photoblog to stare at every so often.

Just some random thoughts. Off to volleyball!




No comments: